Monday, October 6, 2008

How many marks will u give to this article


how many marks will you give ??

Since my fake ABC housemate claimed that she don’t understand my blog
That’s how and why my first and unprecedented english blog been produced
There are many reasons why I have not been blogging in english all the while:

1st - too many rules in english, blogging in english make me a laughingstock for those who view my blogs (my grammatical foundation is weak ok).

2nd- Chinese-education guy like me find myself hardly to express my thoughts exactly with my “private limited ‘ english vocabulary stores in my tiny brain, say nothing of writing out those thought-provoking sentences.

3rd -It’s undeniable that English is international language for worldwide populations right now. However, China has come appear as a black horse in global economic atmosphere and other whatsoever fields. Thus, it won’t be exaggerated that if I say China is going to be the world no.1 country in the coming decade and chinese will be outpacing and replacing english as the first language for the world.

4th -Most of my friends are Chinese-education, blogging in chinese make them more comfortable while viewing my blogs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not underestimating their english comprehensive abilities but avoiding them from being irritated or impatient for seeing my improper way of using English. I believe that those who like english won’t even like to spend a minute watching me trampling the beauty of english vocabulary and phraseology.

5th -It has been quite a sarcastic and sardonic scene that most of Malaysians are speaking english out loud publicly in an attempt to showing off their capabilities of speaking multi-languages. However, one of my friends who studies medicine in Australia told me that they prefer speaking chinese to english over there may be just for maintaining their uniqueness or special identities in that fremd lands. It’s funny for those who try to foreignize themselves desperately while they are in their beloved motherland become so enthusiastic in speaking their mother tongues in all a sudden when they get abroad.
Back to here, people like me who used to speak chinese all the time will be labeled as “pretender” if I speak english or blog in english suddenly. However, this is not the main factor that I blog in chinese, I don’t really give a shit on how people look at me actually but sometime I do so just for minimizing some unnecessary misunderstanding and for conveniences only, that’s all..

After all these mumbles, there’s one thing I need to clarify that I’m not kind of anti-english person, I like english so much and I have been working my ass off in mastering this language for years(yet stil lousy), we all know very well on the advantages of capable of speaking multi-language in this highly competitive world. Therefore hopefully my first-run english blog will satisfy your appetites. I will be blogging alternately in chinese and english from now on. Although it might not as good as I blog in Chinese, I have taken a courageous step forward after all.


Will Chinese and English reach an equivalent status ??

In the end of this article, i would like to give a quotation from WongMingChee '语言没有标准性,只有地方性' in english it should be 'no standardization in language but only localization' is the translation correct?

Now the question is how many marks will you give to this article?
(Don’t need to be so mean and fastidious, just close one eye open one eye.. haha)

11 comments:

t.v. said...

hey, a gd start! though there are some noticeable errors, overall it is an understandable post and still infused with ur strong personal style. keep it up! do i knw ur australian fren?
;)

Gan said...

haha, u guess la who is it
he's a six feet tall guy with curly hair, hooknose, thick eyebrow,small eyes,kinda look like tom cruise from back and most importantly , he eats meat..haha

t.v. said...

haha, why u needa emphasize him being a carnivore;)

Gan said...

actually u knw who im talking abt wat, dun pretend la ..haha

Anonymous said...

whoa, are my eyes deceiving me? gan eng poh blogging in english? and may i say that i am amazed that i have never heard/seen you use english like this before ;) yes as stated by the above commenter that there were some noticeable errors, but still, much better than what i remembered it to be :P

r@nulicious said...

wow...and u say u suck in english..but i see great potential there..keep up the good work...
i wonder who is that fake ABC u talkin about..hahhaha

Eve Lyn said...

1. What do you mean by fake ABC har?? I never ever denied my identity as a Chinese leh, the fact that I don't read or write the beautiful Chinese language DOESN'T make me a fake ABC... For that 10 marks deducted,hahaha....

2. English is an idiotic language with its stupid rules and everything, I have to agree on that,hahaha... But if you think English is bad, try FRENCH!! You'll be loving English after that,LOL...

3. As much as you aren't able to convey your thoughts through English, I can't do so even more in Chinese, so that makes us even... But you, my dear housemate have the advantage... I've never had a single Chinese Language lesson, but you on the other hand have been learning English all these while, so don't complain... Although...I'd appreciate it very very much if someone willing to give free tuitions la, then maybe my Chinese vocabulary would expand beyond writing my own name,hahahaha...

Well, I think I'm being super long winded here la, so gotta go back to my endless books and notes...hahaha... Appreciate the effort, in fact, I'm flattered... LOL... So, keep up the good work ya =P

Gan said...

to caryn: surprise , like my fren said life's full of surprise, get used to it , i treat ur surprise as a compliment and encouragement to me , thks

to Ranu:nw u r the surprise for me , ha , u r new in blog's world ,i guess it must because of evelyn who influences u ,she likes to write those deep life philosophies which mk me feel she is beyond comparison ..haiz..
thanks you anyway

to evelyn: dun take for serious ,if u dun like fake abc , u can be fake banana ,fake foreigner or whatsoever haha,jz kidding la. yala i knw u r pure chinese as all of us, may be more "chinese" than all of us since u knw hw to mk mooncake n cook chinese dishes.
u wan a free chinese tuition? no way , no free lunch in the world , unless u teach me english in return la, fair enough rite?
by the way , thanks for ur long long essay.i think tis is the longest comment i hv ever received ..u r the record holder rite now.

Eve Lyn said...

I'm not beyond comparison... I'm just somebody who's still trying her best to fit in this world...hahaha... Longest comment eh?? I could've written a longer one, but then the books are begging me to heed to them,LOL... P/S I'm not fake whatever you call... I'm truly MALAYSIAN... Hahahaha...

阿茶弟弟 said...

great!!!
tat's is owesome...!

keep it up...
;)
will you be joining our gathering rite?
if yes.. reply me asap cos i wanna do the headcount.... thx..

r@nulicious said...

i have been blogging a long while alr..its just i have this habit of deleting my blogs if sth special happens..hahaha